- It is a matter of worship & priority. Simply put, we give because we believe that everything belongs to God, including the money we earn and have in our possession. Mankind has never had a problem spending money on that which we love, and we want our finances to willingly reflect our submission to Jesus. (Psalm 24:1).
- Obedience still matters. Jesus affirmed the practice of giving 10% from the firstfruits of your earnings (tithing) established in Old Testament times. When you give, you are obeying a basic Biblical principle, and partnering with God through the local Church to send out the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 9:6-15).
- The General Fund - An account from which our annual planned budget is met - it covers missions, ministries, utilities, staff salaries, property maintenance and insurance, etc.
- The Encounter - A special love offering given periodically to address growth through debt-free construction and expansion.
- In-House Benevolence - Coastal Oaks has established a replenishable in-house benevolence fund available to assist with unexpected or sudden financial needs for those who call COC their home church.
Did you know you can donate to Coastal Oaks while shopping online? You can, and it is super easy to do! If you frequent Amazon, consider making your next purchases via AmazonSmile and do more good while you shop.
- Go to smile.amazon.com or click to AmazonSmile box in this section.
- Search for and select "Coastal Oaks Church" as your charitable organization
- Select your items and check out. Literally, you shop as you would normally shop.
You don't pay anything extra, there are no fees or hoops through which to jump, you still receive the same great selection of items, and Amazon Prime members still get reduced shipping costs.
Everybody wins! If you have questions about how it works, check out this page - About AmazonSmile - and start donating to Coastal Oaks today through AmazonSmile!