Hi there, Coastal Oaks friends and ministry partners! This page is the spot to find the most current information and updates pertaining to the Senior Pastor opening. All updates are coming from the Transition Team put in place to provide guidance and leadership through our season of pastoral transition, consisting of a mix of staff and ministry team leaders.
If you have questions for the Transition Team, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
(Pastoral Applicants, go here.)
The Coastal Oaks Transition Team met on this date to start working through the nominations that were submitted by the published deadline of 6/22. The first round of nominations is now complete and the team will start contacting those who received the most nominations to inquire about the nominee's availability and willingness to serve on the Pastor Search Team (PST) very soon. We are still aiming to be ready to formally elect the PST by secret ballot at our next quarterly business meeting on 7/19 and are excited about the list of nominees submitted by those who participated in this part of the process.
We request that you continue to pray earnestly for the Transition Team as we lead through this season of pastoral transition.
Please have your Pastor Search Team nominations returned to the church office by end of business on this date.
Your Transition Team met to pray and plan, after several weeks worthy of COVID-19 delays, for Pastor Search Team (PST) nominations and decided to pursue the following concerning the nomination process for this team:
- This team would create and mail out nomination packets 6/11 to eligible church partners consisting of a welcome letter, a description of the ideal PST member, and a list of all church partners eligible to serve. Mailing packets enables us to ensure all eligible church partners receive a chance to submit nominations without having to call a meeting.
- PST nominations should be returned in person to the office, in our offering boxes, or by mail no later than 6/22.
- All PST nomination sheets must include the printed name, signature, and date to ensure verification. Nominations which do not include a printed name, signature, and date will be discarded.
- Generally speaking, the Transition Team is hoping to have PST nominations wrapped up in time for our next quarterly business meeting on 7/19 where that team will be confirmed/selected.
- Training for the newly selected PST will happen sometime after that business meeting on 7/19.